A friend of mine from Tennessee showed me a photo of a thrasher he took in Texas on March 30, 2008. By the location I suspected one species and by the photo I suspect another. Not to bias your judgment I'll withhold the location for now.
1. Take a long look at the only photo he took and render an opinion.
2. If you've looked at the photo and now have your own identification opinion, then see the responses of the first birders to e-mail me after I posted to Texbirds.
3. So, where was the photo taken?
4. The Texbirds discussion increased now, with more opinions now that they knew the location and what others said.
5. Coincidentally, another photographer took extensive photos at the same location on the same day.